As a blogger, I spend many hours on the computer writing and networking, so it stands to reason that I would be in the market for one of the most comfortable mouse options on the market. I've tried many different mice, but when it comes to comfort, easy of use, and aiding carpal tunnel relief, the mouse I find to be the best option is the Logitech trackball mouse.
Benefits of a Trackball mouse
If you have never used or heard of a trackball mouse, you are truly missing out! When I first switched to a trackball mouse, it was a little odd at first, because instead of moving the mouse around a pad, you simply rotate the trackball. It is an optical mouse that reads the movement of the trackball and that is how it moves the cursor on your screen.
Using a Trackball mouse offers many benefits that using a traditional mouse cannot match.
- Accuracy: a trackball mouse reads smaller movements and offers greater accuracy due to the optical mouse reading the small movements of the ball, instead of trying to distinguish movements on a flat surface. It is loved by artists, gamers, and military personnel.
- Ergonomic comfort: due to the design and ease of use; a trackball mouse offers more comfort. It reduces stress and strain on the wrist and is the best device to use for those that suffer with carpal tunnel and other wrist pain. Since you only move your fingers around the trackball, instead of using your hand, wrist, arm and shoulder to move a traditional mouse around the mouse pad.
- Portability: due to the optical mouse reading the trackball, there is less need for a complete flat surface for the trackball to work. It can be used on many different surfaces whether they are flat or not. It allows you to use the mouse in a variety of different locations and offers much more options. I often can place it right onto my thigh and still get perfect use out of it. I am able to work online in many different locations with the laptop on my lap and my Logitech trackball mouse on my thigh or the small seat space next to me. I don't need a lot of space for it to work; just enough for it to sit down, and it doesn't even need to be sitting flat.
- More compact: the mouse itself may not be smaller than other mice, but the desk space needed is greatly reduced. Since you don't move the mouse around, the amount of desk space needed is much smaller. Really all you need is a tiny space to place the mouse as it never needs to move around. Traditional mice need a large flat surface area so you can manipulate the mouse around the surface.
Features of the Logitech wireless trackball mouse
It was almost 10 years ago when I was first converted to the use of a trackball mouse. All of the benefits listed above played a large role in my conversion. Way back then, the trackball mouse we had used the old PS2 port. Then we upgrade computers and no longer had a PS2 port. I was forced to go back to the conventional mouse and I about went batty. Seriously, it was the worst few years. I had a lot less accuracy in the mouse movement, more wrist pain, and definitely was getting sick and tired of constantly having to pick up the mouse and move it back to the center of the pad because I had ran out of room…yet again.
Finally after a few years, we discovered that Logitech had made a new trackball wheel optical mouse that used a USB connection. Oh I was thrilled! I immediately ordered it and was content for many years. It lasted about 5-6 years. But just recently my best computer friend started to dye on me. The left click button wasn't reading as accurately any longer. I was rather sad. This trackball mouse has been with me through a lot. It was right there with me through my World Of Warcraft phase (two years of hours upon hours of Orc slaying, questing, and Raids!) It was with me every year when I did our taxes, it was with me when I started my craft business; and it was right there with me when our craft business turned into what is currently JadeLouise Designs; our family lifestyle blog. It also survived three toddlers!
So it was time for me to replace my old friend; and I knew I didn't want anything but a Trackball mouse. I searched high and low; and after many hours I discovered that only Logitech had a quality trackball mouse that would fit the bill.
The new Logitech wireless trackball mouse M570 has everything I was looking for in a mouse. Not to mention it is the #1 selling Trackball mouse on the market!
- Wireless: Control your laptop, desktop computer or home theater PC wirelessly from up to 30 ft. away
- Fast reception. The computer reads your mouse movements simultaneous. No need to wait for the movements to be recorded and applied. Using 2.4 GHz there is fast data transmission and virtually no delays or dropouts.
- Thumb controlled trackball, with adjustable cursor speed
- Logitech Unifying receiver: The tiny receiver that uses a USB connection. You can connect up to six compatible wireless devices with one tiny receiver that stays in your laptop
- Long battery life: Go for up to 18 months without changing the included AA battery
- Smooth cursor control anywhere: Precision laser tracking on your desk, couch, bed or almost any other surface
- For Windows or Mac OS:
- On/OFF setting. If you have a time when you won't be using the computer, you can turn off the mouse to save the battery
- 3-year limited hardware warranty
- 3 programmable buttons for a total of 5 buttons altogether
- Scroll wheel, easily scroll through pages and also use as a programmable button.
- Ergonomic design
- Easy storage: if you don't need the receiver due to already having one in use, it conveniently stores inside the mouse next to the battery.
- easy to clean. Simply remove the ball, wipe, and replace. You are ready to go!
And these are just the most common benefits and features of the M570 Trackball from Logitech.
A personal look at the Logitech Trackball mouse
It was love at first sight with the new M570 trackball mouse. It took no time at all to unpack it from the wrapping and get it into action. There was no hardware CD to use and install. You simply plug in the device and Windows automatically found the software and had it installed; all in less than 5 minutes.
After using the M570 wireless trackball mouse, I will never be able to go back to a wired mouse again! The freedom of a wireless mouse is so amazing. And the trackball mouse works better than I could have dreamed. I have been using it for weeks now and haven't had a single problem. It functions exactly as it claims. And I hope that it will last me just as long as my last trackball mouse.
The trackball is smooth to the touch, it glides easily and there is no lag between my thumb's movements and the curser movement on the screen. The design offers great comfort for those that spend many hours on the computer and quite frankly I'm able to get more done in less time with this mouse.
Would I recommend this product to anyone? Oh goodness yes! I'm quite passionate about this mouse, and have praised it to many personal friends and family members in person. It's not just one that I used once and it worked well so I tell you about it. Oh no! This mouse is one that will be my constant computer companion for many years to come and I will throw tantrum and fit after tantrum and fit if I am ever forced to use any other kind of mouse. Don't believe me? Just ask my husband when he told me to just use his mouse when my old trackball mouse died. He grew very tired of my whining that it just didn't work as well. Lol. His ears were mighty happy when the M570 trackball mouse arrived. So yes; I would highly recommend it especially to any one who spends more than a couple hours on the computer a day.
Experience the Trackball mouse from Logitech in your own home
You can read more about the Logitech M570 Trackball mouse and purchase your own on the Logitech website. It retails for $59.99 and is worth every penny. Especially seeing as the life track record is quite a few years. It also makes a brilliant Christmas and Holiday gift for any guy, gamer, brother, or anyone who spends long hours on the computer!
Also be sure to visit our Logitech Trackball Mouse Giveaway from 11/13/2012 until 11/27/12 to win your very own Logitech Trackball Mouse! There will be TWO winners; open to both US and Canada! And a quick hint; the first entry is to comment on this review post, so be sure to leave a comment before heading over there so you don't have to return. (Saying, "thanks for the giveaway is not a valid comment entry)
What is your favorite feature of the Logitech Trackball Mouse?
Who do you know that would love to own one the most?
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free to facilitate this review in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.. All opinions are strictly my own and were not influenced.