This post brought to you by Mrs. Smith’s. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love pies! Quite honestly who doesn’t right? And even though I love making my own pies, sometimes I just don’t have the time. Especially when it is the holidays or there are parties to attend. I love taking dessert pies; but with everything else I have to keep up; I often don’t have time to create a pie from scratch. That’s when I turn to the frozen pies in the freezer section of my grocery store. Recently I just tried out some new dessert pies from Mrs. Smith; and I have to say they are my new favorite to take to parties!
Mrs. Smith’s Deep Dish Pies making baking easy
Mrs Smith dessert pies just released four new flavors of pies:
- Signature Deep Dish Dutch Apple Pie with Caramel Sauce
- Signature Deep Dish Cherry Pie with Butter Fudge Sauce
- Signature Deep Dish Peach Pie with Cream Cheese Icing
- Signature Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie with Cream Cheese Icing
They sound amazing right? The added topping option is what really caught my attention! Seriously, Apple with Caramel? Peach with cream cheese icing? Cherry with Fudge? Hello! Sign me up! So I had to give them a try! We had lots of parties this last Holiday season where I wanted to take a dessert; but without the time to cook something from scratch. So I tried out a few of these pies! They were a hit!
The Pies were super easy to cook up! The Directions are really easy to follow and and you don’t have to unthaw the pie before baking either. So I take it straight from the freezer into the preheated oven and bake according to the instructions. I then take that time while the pie is baking to get ready for the party instead of slaving in the kitchen.
The Dutch Apple Pie with Caramel sauce took a few extra steps since it has the crumble topping instead of a regular pie crust. But it was still super simple and didn’t take much extra time at all. Soon I was ready for the holiday parties and so were the pies!
Signature Deep Dish dessert pies are loved by all
So far I was able to try out the Dutch Apple with caramel Sauce and the Cherry pie with fudge Sauce. I finally found the pumpkin and the peach pies at a different store, but they have always been sold out each time I go to get some. I am guessing they are a hit since they can never keep them in stock. I am hoping to try them soon.
For me, the Cherry pie with chocolate sauce, had a great flavor. I loved the combination of the cherry and the chocolate. But for me personally it was a bit too rich. I couldn’t eat very much before the sugar coma affect started to get to me. But everyone at the party really enjoyed the pies and thought the special topping sauce was really brilliant!
The Dutch Apple pie is definitely my favorite. I have always loved apple pie. The crumble topping is crisp and full of flavor. And the caramel topping is out of this world! It definitely puts on a new twist to a typical apple pie; and is now one of my favorites! I don’t think I can enjoy a normal apple pie without the caramel sauce any more!
The unique thing about the Signature deep dish pies from Mrs. Smith’s is that it doesn’t sing “Store bought” in the flavor. I’m a big “make from scratch” pie person. So I really only use a frozen pie when I absolutely have to. Most store bought pies just have that “processed” taste to them. But these pies were different. They had the best flavor of any frozen dessert pie that I’ve tried yet.
If you are in need of great dessert pies without sacrificing flavor; I have to say the Mrs. Smith Signature Deep Dish pies definitely have my vote of approval.
The only drawback is that at some stores they are rather pricey. We found some at a Super Walmart for only about $5, which was awesome. But the more local store charged $9 for the exact same pie. So definitely shop around when looking for the pies. If you want to know if any of your local stores carry the new pies, they even have a handy retailers page.
Win deep dish pies and a $50 Williams-Sonoma Gift Card
In celebration of the new year, and the new parties you may be attending; I wanted to share the fun with you! You have the chance to win a coupon for a FREE Mrs. Smith’s Signature Deep Dish Pie as well as a $50 Williams-Sonoma Gift Card! Simply enter via the form below.
- The contest is open to the USA ONLY to ages 18+.
- Void where prohibited by Law
- Winners will be announced on our winners page once they have been selected, verified and accepted their prize.
- Winners will be notified via email. Winners will have 48 hrs to confirm and accept or another winner will be drawn.
- Giveaway closes at 11:59pm EST 17 January 2013
- Note: you must complete the mandatory Blog post comment entry on the form.
- All other entries on the form are optional, but will greatly increase your chances of winning the more entries you complete.
- See complete rules and regulations on the entry form below.
- By entering this giveaway you are providing your information to JadeLouise Designs for contest purposes only. Your information will not be used for any other purpose than to verify contest entries and to notify and award prize to the winner.
Giveaway is now closed. See the winner/s on our Winners Page.